Formal collaboration INTERDEM and Alzheimer Europe
During the 27th Alzheimer Europe conference in Berlin, INTERDEM and Alzheimer Europe signed a Memorandum of Understanding highlighting the willingness to collaborate.
In the memorandum, both organisations confirmed that they share a common vision of “changing perceptions, practice and policy in order to improve the quality of life of people with dementia and their carers” and affirmed the following rights of people with dementia:
- The right to a timely diagnosis;
- The right to access quality post diagnostic support;
- The right to person-centred, coordinated, quality care throughout their illness;
- The right to equitable access to treatments and therapeutic interventions;
- The right to be respected in their community as an individual with capacities and limitations.